Let’s just say I can now eat plantain chips forever and not swallow guilt along with it. LOL. Seriously, you don’t now how happy I am.
It all started one day when I got home one day and saw a huge box – the Big Boss oil-less fryer. I had wanted this fryer since forever because alas, my fit fam dreams can come true. No more fried chicken, fries, yam, plantain. Now, EVERYTHING goes in the oil-less fryer. Even water.
Okay, not water.
Anyway, these chips look and taste exactly like regular fried plantain chips but with zero oil. Yes, ZERO. Sounds too good to be true? It isn’t. If you don’t have the oil-less fryer, you can use always an oven for the same healthy effect. The great thing is it takes less than half an hour to make and it’s so easy to prepare. So if you’re ever out of snacks and having a few friends over, this is a go-to recipe.
Because this year, we will be fit fam by force.
- 1 Plantain (sliced thinly)
- Pinch of salt
- Italian Seasoning/Herbs (optional)
- Place the plantain chips in the air fryer (an oven will do too 🙂 ) and bake at 400F
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown on both sides (if you bake in the oven, you may need to flip or broil the top of the plantain so it turns brown too).
- Take out plantain chips and sprinkle with salt and herbs
- Let cool then serve