Eba and Okra (Alasepo)
Write a review
- Garri 3/4 cup
- Okra - 15 fingers
- Tomato Paste - 4 tablespoons
- Meat (beef/chicken/pork)- 4-5 pieces
- Onions - chopped
- Hot pepper- 1 (optional for spiciness)
- crayfish- 2 tablespoons
- Palm oil- 3 tablespoons
- Smoked fish
- Spices (maggi, ginger, salt, thyme, 'all spice')
- Mussels (optional)
- Water - 2 cups
- Grate the okra completely (some people prefer to slice it).
- In a pot, boil the meat in 2 cups of water till properly cooked. Spice it for flavor
- Add the Onions, Pepper, Crayfish, Smoked fish and Mussels, and leave to boil for 10 minutes on medium heat
- Stir in the tomato paste and palm oil and cover the pot for another 10-15 minutes
- Mix in the grated okra. Depending on your preferred consistency, you can add 1/2 cup - 1 1/2 cups of water.
- Simmer on low heat for an additional 15-20mins
- Boil some water.
- Pour 2 cups into a bowl and evenly pour the garri into the water
- Remove any excess water from the garri and using a wooden spoon, beat the mixture until it forms a smooth paste
- Serve both on a plate/in a bowl and use your HANDS!