I’m really trying to be healthier this year – I know I say this every year, but I’m for real this time. I promise. In fact yesterday, I asked on Instagram, “if we deconstruct Efo, does it make us fit fam?” but y’all laughed at me.
Okay let me be honest, I didn’t make this because of team fit fam, but out of boredom. I think it’s really important to mix things up in the kitchen. After cooking the same thing the same way every single time, I tend to get really bored and crave a different taste/look. Don’t you? Or is it just me?
P.S. Have you checked out my latest blog posts?
- Spinach/Ugwu leaves
- Tiger shrimp
- Vegetable oil
- Cajun seasoning
- Blended peppers/Tomato sauce - 1.5 cups
- Onion (1 small - sliced)
- Hot peppers (2- chopped)
- Garlic (minced) - 1 teaspoon
- Fresh Ginger (minced) - 1/2 teaspoon
- Iru (Locust beans)
- Ground Crayfish - 3 tablespoons
- Palm oil - 3 tablespoons
- Assorted meats (gizzard, beef, tripe, chicken) - cooked
- Smoked fish
- Salt/Seasoning cube
- Heat up the palm oil in a pot and pour in the blended peppers/tomato sauce.
- Once it starts to simmer, add the sliced onions, pepper, garlic and ginger. Cover the pot and leave it to cook on low-med heat for 15 minutes or until sauce thickens and becomes a dark red color
- Season with salt and or seasoning cubes
- Cut up the meats and smoked fish and add it to the sauce
- Also include the iru (locust beans)
- Mix it in and cover the pot. Let it simmer for additional 5 mins
- Cut up spinach or ugwu leaves and put in a non-stick pot over medium heat. Heat for 2-3 minutes then take off heat.
- Place shrimp in a nonstick pan with 1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil. Put pan over medium heat. Season with a sprinkle of cajun seasoning and cook till shrimp becomes pink through out (i.e. fully cooked).
- Serve spinach, sauce and top with shrimp